[Sca-cooks] Re: What would you do?

Alex Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Tue Aug 10 15:45:54 PDT 2004

At 03:07 PM 8/9/2004 +0000, Kateryn wrote:
>Boy howdy.  I couldn't do it. I wouldn't do it.  Not ever again.  We had
>our feast budget cut in half this past year after we had done most of our
>precooks and spent most of the money.  Both head-cooks were forced into
>footing about $50 each as our 'donation'.

Since you asked :-)

The first thing I'd do is make sure that I knew where the money was,
because the kind of person who would stick the volunteers with such large
expenses rather than admit to having gone over budget might also embezzle
the money.

The second thing is that I would recommend to the whole group that nobody
ever, under any circumstances, volunteer to help that steward/autocrat with
any project that could possibly cost money.

--
Alex Clark/Henry of Maldon