[Sca-cooks] Re: What would you do?

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 10:01:14 PDT 2004

Thanks for the feast info here and the carwash stuff.  I was feeling a bit foolish.  I hadn't taken the time to double check.  Wasn't quite sure who really was appropriate to double check with.  My nature I guess, even if I am not particularly pro any issue, naysayers inspire my patience (probably comes from dealing with too many poopy people).  I forget usually they are just enforcing their opinion, not law...

I have had the foodservice college training thing, and have been asking folks who do a lot of feasts "What food cost percentage do you use?" (textbook suggestion for commercial restaurants averages 30%, more for upscale places).  Most folks have a system that works for them, but not an actual number, so this was really helpful.

Just because inquiring minds always want to know, and I am sure you are too far away for me to make it to your feast this time, what are you thinking of serving?

Samrah

Terry Decker <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

At present, I'm working on a feast for 260 at a cost of $5/plate and a price
of $7/plate.