[Sca-cooks] Taster, Supertaster?

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Aug 10 12:43:58 PDT 2004

Also sprach lilinah at earthlink.net:
>I took the test on the BBC site and it was inconclusive. I assume i
>am really not a supertaster because i like most of the foods they
>said supertasters dislike (grapefruit, spinach, coffee...).
>
>http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/body/interactives/supertaster/

My experience was similar, I guess. I answered honestly, was scored a
supertaster, but the actual descriptions of supertasters versus
tasters suggests I'm a taster.

I can only conclude that I have a fair sensitivity that I've scaled
back to avoid sensory overload or for everyday use.

I'd make up the survey very differently.

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04