[Sca-cooks] Pie crust help!!!

Avraham haRofeh avrahamharofeh at herald.sca.org
Wed Aug 11 17:15:36 PDT 2004

> My problem is with soggy pie crusts.  I have
> been using exclusively the Pillsbury refrigerated
> pie crusts.  They are easy to use and taste like
> real pie crusts.  I have made two crust pies,
> one crust pies, and pies using pre-baked crusts.
> In every instance, no matter what I do or
> how I try to keep the filling from being too
> juicy, I still get soggy pie bottoms.  I am
> in dispair!  How do I make a juicy fruit pie and
> not get soggy pie crusts?  I am at my wit's end!
> Help!!!

1. Dock the crust, then pre-bake.

2. Spread a small amount of melted jelly (of a compatible flavor) over the
crust before adding your filling.

3. Other than that, there isn't a whole lot you can do - if the pie sits
more than 24 hours after baking, the bottom crust is going to start to get
soggy.

Reb Avraham haRofeh
     (mka Randy Goldberg MD)
Quarterly azure and argent, four mascles counterchanged
Random Tag: Any sufficiently advanced magic looks like technology. – Clarke’s Law