[Sca-cooks] need recipe

Aurore Aurore at hot.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 13:32:14 PDT 2004

*faints from the questions*  lol ok aside from the sillyness.

> What time period are you interested in? Place? Cuisine?

Any.  Any.  Any.

> What languages do you read if we give you an original
> in something besides English?
> Spanish or German or Middle English?

Only American English.

> What materials or equipment do you have to use?

Have 2 burner camp stove, and cooler.
And several iron like pots to cook, roast and bake in.

> Do you have the fancy dishes to serve the dessert on or in?

Find a really nice wooden trench that has one large section and for little
sections to it, like a vegetable tray.  Several metal trays, and wooden
bowls.

> How much do you want to spend?

Not too much but not under too much either.  I enjoy cooking good food.

> What are the rules? Does the dish have to be constructed onsite?

Yes cook on site with whatever we can do with.  The next part is the copy
from the website about it.Pretty simple.  This was the same as last year's,
which I took 2nd place in the open dessert.  I did Banana Split Pudding, the
first place was Death by Choclate Pudding.  Feast will be an on site cooking
competition with four categories: Open, Period, Open Dessert, and Period
Dessert.  Prizes will be awarded for each competition. No feast fee will be
charged for those entering the competition.

> You'll get the most points usually for coming up with your own
> recipe, translating it yourself, and then working out your own
> authentic version of it. Just "borrowing" or reusing someone else's
> recipe (even if it's been an award winner in the past) may not be
> good enough or earn enough points to win.

I would like a period dish that is good and simple cause I do enjoy cooking.
I'm that lady that will feed any straving soul at an event.  Just needing
help cause there is so much to pick from and no clue if it works for the
masses.  The only problem I do know about is a few are allergic to
mushrooms, so I will split the recipe to cover that if the recipe can handle
missing the mushrooms.

> Johnnae llyn Lewis
>
> Aurore wrote:
>
> >Forgot to mention, I need one that can feed about 2 dozen, won't be to
hard to do with a camp stove and cooler.  Aurore