[Sca-cooks] Re: Ale broth was Boiling in Beer

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Aug 13 20:11:53 PDT 2004

There's this of course in the Liber  Cure Cocurum
 a Translation with Notes, by Cindy Renfrow...
ale bre = aleberry (alebrey, alebery, alebrue, alemeat) =
ale broth, a type of warm caudle. 132....
For sick men. <http://www.pbm.com/%7Elindahl/lcc/parallel.html#f122> Ale
broth thus make you shall,
With groats and saffron and good ale.
Take boiled water with honey, I know,