[Sca-cooks] Seeking bread recipe

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 19 06:46:33 PDT 2004

Yes, we do have bread recipes from Ancient Greece, but most are a simple
description than an actual recipe.  You need some baking experience to feel
your way through the recipes.  There are about 50 types of bread we have
information on.  Another 30 types, we know only by name, due to references
by other ancient authors to a lost treatise on breadmaking written by
Chrysippus of Tyana.

I haven't spent much time chasing these -- yet.

Bear