[Sca-cooks] Boiling in Beer

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 22:26:58 PDT 2004

> > Also sprach PatrickLevesque:
> >> I was wondering, as I see a lot of recipes asking us to boil stuff
> in water,
> >> vinegar, wine, milk, whatever... But never in beer.
> >>
> >> So how early can we document recipes asking the reader to boil food
> in
> >> beer?
> >>
> >> Petru
Because of Pennsic, I'm coming in on the middle of this thread so I may
be missing something, but there appear to be several recipes in this
file in the FOOD section of the Florilegium that have you simmer or
boil stuff in beer or ale.
beer-in-food-msg  (32K)  1/26/03    Period recipes with beer or ale in
them.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD/beer-in-food-msg.html

Stefan
--------