[Sca-cooks] Boiling in Beer

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 23:50:43 PDT 2004

Here is a recipe that is great and simple to
make.

Huette

>From Gervase Markham's The English Huswife:

To seeth fresh Salmon.

Take a little water, and as much Beere and Salt,
and put thereto Parsley, Time, and Rosemarie, and
let all thes boyle together; then put in your
Salmon, and make your broth sharpe with some
Vinigar.

--- Patrick Levesque <pleves1 at po-box.mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> I was wondering, as I see a lot of recipes
> asking us to boil stuff in water,
> vinegar, wine, milk, whatever... But never in
> beer.
>
> So how early can we document recipes asking the
> reader to boil food in beer?
>
> Petru

=====
shall never cease to be amused.