[Sca-cooks] Nicholas Flamel (was: Oops..um...nevermind

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 09:48:48 PDT 2004

>> Some friends of ours have registered House Flammel [an alternate
>> spelling used by the Alchemist himself] as a SCA household name.
>
> Now _that_ is way cool! Too bad I couldn't pass something with
> 'Hogwarts' in the name.

The College of Heralds is much too hip to Harry Potterisms for that.
 Laurel recently returned "Griffin's Tor" for sounding too much like
"Gryffindor", which I think is a little too audio-sensitive really.

>> Selene [Ravenclaw kid]
>

> I'm a Gryffindor, Brave and True! (Anybody surprised? Shouldn't be)
> But I'm rather partial to Ravenclaws- oldest daughter is one. And a
> certain Tall Fuzzy fellow has the Ravenclaw badge on his laptop... ;-)

Did I ever mention my glossary of the Houses of Hogwarts against the
Peerage Tracks of the SCA?

Gryffindor = The Chivalry, brave and bold
Ravenclaw = The Laurels, masters of lore and learning
Hufflepuff = The Pelicans, hard-working and accomplished
Slytherin = Royal Peerage and Landed Baronage, powerful managers

Interestingly enow, although I'm a Pel, I keep coming up Ravenclaw on
just about any "Sorting Hat" Quiz that I take.  Well I'm also a
grant-levil artisan so maybe there is hope.

Selene C.