[Sca-cooks] looking in the freezer...

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Aug 24 21:07:55 PDT 2004

Also sprach Laura C. Minnick:
>At 08:39 PM 8/24/2004, you wrote:
>>Lainie commented:
>>>Anyway, The Red-Headed Norman League was a feeble reference to the
>>>Arthur Conan-Doyle Sherlock Holmes story about the Red-Headed League. Except
>>>that there isn't a bank robbery involved. ;-)
>>Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps you ought to ask the Anglo-Saxons. :-)
>>
>>Stefan
>
>No Stefan, you're confusing that with highway-robbery. And that is
>for the local Sheriff to deal with. But what the Normans did in
>England was simply a matter of enforcement of an in absentio title
>transfer. Wouldn't have been nearly such a flap if there hadn't been
>squatters involved...

And if the &*%$#@ ruler of the country wasn't a religious wingnut,
there'd have been a clear heir and no question of the succession.

Umm, 'Lainie, you _do_ realize I'm referring to Saxon England, right,
and not to... uh, ya know...?

Adamantius, who has no problem whatever with religious people who
aren't wingnuts

Holt, 07/29/04