[Sca-cooks] Nicholas Flamel

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Aug 25 12:40:42 PDT 2004

At 11:28 AM 8/25/2004, you wrote:
> >JK
> >had to make it so that Voldie didn't die and
> >that Dumbledore didn't kill him.  I believe that
> >will be Harry's job in the last book.
> >
> >Huette
>
>Nope, I can't buy that one, Huette...
>I think rather that JKR will have ol' Voldie get himself caught up in some
>kind of plot box, partly by the terrible trio, and partly by his own blind
>rage and ambition, and wind up blowing himslf to smithereens in an attempt
>to kill Harry... thus brnging the story full circle.
>that's how I sees it, anyway.

Mmm... no, I don't think so. It was pretty clear (to me at least) from the
prophecy in book 5 that one would have to kill the other. "Either must die
at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives"
(And no, Dumbledore makes it clear that it is Harry, not Neville, that was
'chosen'). Pretty sure that Voldemort bites it in the end- the question is
rather one of does Harry survive, or does he have to sacrifice himself to
kill Voldemort?

My bet is that the final showdown happens in the room with the veil, and
one or the other goes through it.

'Lainie
-catching up on morning reading ;-)