[Sca-cooks] sauce competition

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Aug 25 20:45:41 PDT 2004

You'd be surprised---
the copycat recipe for A-1 steak sauce calls for--

    * 1/2 cup orange juice
    * 1/2 cup raisins
    * 1/4 cup soy sauce
    * 1/4 cup white vinegar
    * 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
    * 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
    * 2 tablespoons ketchup
    * 2 tablespoons chili sauce

So if one fiddled with the ketchup and the chili sauce---
how far off 90 per cent period would they be?

The bullseye BBQ sauce calls for

    * 1/2 cup minced onions
    * 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
    * 1 cup water
    * 1 1/4 cup ketchup
    * 2 teaspoons brown sugar
    * 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
    * 1 teaspoon olive oil
    * 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
    * 1 dash tabasco sauce

which is slightly more afield but my guess is that one could get there
if one tried.

Johnnae