[Sca-cooks] sauce competition

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 16:22:21 PDT 2004

Still hashing this about.  My hope was if 9 out of 10 of your ingredients and 90% by volume of your ingredients must be documented to period, this may well disqualify many commercial sauces or limit their percentages in final sauces.

And yes, best taste is absolutely critical with this crowd.  Remember we are dealing with "kindergarteners", not "rocket scientists" or folks with their doctorates, like y'all here ;o)

Thank you all.  Your imput is ever so helpful.
Samrah

Johnna Holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> wrote:
Can someone "win" the popular vote with a bottled commercial sauce that's just been doctored up for the occasion? ...  And if it's best taste--- then some sort of commercial modern BBQ sauce may well win rather than the unusual more authentic medieval piper sauces.

Johnnae llyn Lewis