[Sca-cooks] sauce competition

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 25 21:25:02 PDT 2004

Really great idea Stefan.  I am encouraging many fighter-types and newcomers to cook because I think everybody should, not just those of us who are particularly gifted at it.  (Pet pieve:  Personally, I am tired of seeing fast food, and non-period looking food at any sort of SCA event, and things have been getting sloppier.  Not as many of us seem to be working on periodish encampments, even without pavillions, for tourneys, etc.)  I am in the process of checking with our redactors and research folk.  They seem to be of the opinion that with the large kingdom A&S competition upcoming (we only hold this one every other year), they wouldn't mind a less than scholarly, local competition to encourage the beginners.

Samrah

"Harris Mark.S-rsve60" <Mark.s.Harris at freescale.com> wrote:
Another idea for this might be to have some side recognition or even prizes for the redaction you (or the judges) were most impressed with. This could be awarded even for a sauce that didn't taste as good as the one someone else did, but which won because it tasted better but was questionable as to being in a period style.

Stefan