[Sca-cooks] Food liscense for Taverns?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 07:05:27 PDT 2004

Tressa wrote:

>Greetings
>
>I would like to ask some advise.  I would like to run
>a Tavern for an event in Texas.  It would be done with
>private funds and there would be charge for meals,
>under the canopy of a Merchant and their business
>liscense.  Do I need a Health Card or any kinds of
>permits to do a Tavern at an event?
>
>Confused,
>Tressa

It depends on state and local law where the event is to be held.  For
instance, in the county where I live, you must take a class and get a
license to sell food.  However, if you're cooking a feast, as it is for
a non-profit group, you don't need to do anything.  However, in the next
county over, you must get a one-time license and be inspected by the
county even to do a feast.  I suggest you check with your local county
government, possibly a department of health, to find out what their
requirements are.

Kiri