[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Potluck, revisited

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 19:43:53 PDT 2004

>Ranvaig, I am truly sorry that you couldn't make it. I had no idea of your
>difficulties until after I was at Pennsic, and was sorry I was unable to
>make it out to your camp. I would never have suggested our campsite if I
>didn't KNOW we could get anyone in or out. I am VERY sensitive to the needs
>of folks with disabilities, and I can ALWAYS find an accomodation.

Thank you, but it turned out I wasn't even on site until after dark.
I am usually pretty good about getting around., except for that hill.
Help back home would be enough.  I left a note for you, Phlip, at
Chirurgeon's Point, so no one would worry about me, but not sure if
you got it.

We arrived Monday to find that our assigned place in the Disability
Camp was right next to the tent of the lady who had died on Sunday. I
never met her, but her friends were understandably shaken.  If I had
arrived as planned, I would have gotten there in the middle of that.

It made this Pennsic rather subdued.  I didn't "do" much this year...
except relax... and that was enough.

I'll hope to meet you all another time.

>Now, shall we tell each other what we brought to the Potluck? I think the
>folks at home might enjoy the dishes- I certainly did ;-)

Oh yes, please share your recipes.

Ranvaig