[Sca-cooks] Love you Gunthar!

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 21:05:07 PDT 2004

Gunthar, I will second all of the positive comments from others who have probably known you at least via this list much longer than I.

As one who was dumb enough to try to commit suicide with a Bic (ie safety) razor, I know what dumb feels like.  Nope.  Didn't even break the skin.  Felt really silly.  Had real live knives in the kitchen.  I was in the bath.  Came back to my senses.   And, yes, the original trigger for the episodes was I had done something stupid, but not bizaar or anything.  I might have locked my keys in the car or used the car door key as the ignition key.  It was a bad time.  (This was circa 1985 for those of you who know & love me so don't panic.)

I do have one word for you.  MINT.  Any kind.  In cooking.  Fresh or dried.  Eat it.  Rub it in your hands (fresh rosemary also helps if you are out & about & find some in a parking lot somwhere).  In gum.  In candy.  In icecream.  In essential oil from the healthfood store (usually about $5.50)  a drop on your wrist if you don't have sensitive skin.  A drop on a piece of paper anywhere, particularly in front of a fan...

It is not prozac, but sometimes a bit of mint is just enough help to get you to remember that people do love you and life will get better and help you take a step back from the edge. It is a very small bandaide for what could be a very big problem, but it could be just enough to get you in good enough shape to call or write somebody & get help.

Take care,
Samrah