[Sca-cooks] Food liscense for Taverns?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Aug 26 22:16:34 PDT 2004

Tressa asked:
> I would like to ask some advise.  I would like to run
> a Tavern for an event in Texas.  It would be done with
> private funds and there would be charge for meals,
> under the canopy of a Merchant and their business
> liscense.  Do I need a Health Card or any kinds of
> permits to do a Tavern at an event?
You are talking only about serving food, right? Not any alcoholic
beverages? Sale of the latter is much more complicated. Home made beer
and wine for instance, can not be sold in the U.S. and there is an
annual limit of how much you can even make and give away. I believe the
applicable federal laws can be found in the Florilegium.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com