[Sca-cooks] Siamese coffee

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 28 18:20:10 PDT 2004

>It reminds me of an iced version of bedouin coffee, which I just adore
>and save for special occasions.  (I don't have the proper pot, but I
>make a pretty good version of it in my little moka pot that I use for
>camping espressos.)
>
>--maire, thinking that it's been a while...hmmmm.....

Doh! (insert sound of palm smacking forehead). Yeah! Right! Levantine
"Turkish" coffee usually has cardamom added. Yemeni coffee has
*ginger* added.

I s'pect someone thought calling it "Siamese" would sound better to
Islamo-phobes than calling it "Syrian Coffee" or "Lebanese Coffee",
which is what this is starting to sound like.

Anahita
lover of both "Middle Eastern" and Southeast Asian foods