[Sca-cooks] Brotherton Library and York: Was: Chinese Cookery Books

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sat Aug 28 19:06:02 PDT 2004

Devra may still have copies of the sugarpaste book that went with the Bowes
Museum display back in 2002.  Royal Sugar Sculpture: 600 Years of
Splendor - $19.00
Ivan Day... He's very nice and he was happy to autograph my copies that
I hauled over
to the UK in April. Also got my original American edition of  Wilson's
book autographed by her
in April too. One of the perks of actually attending something like
Leeds is actually meeting
all these people one has used and cited through the years.
Ivan's site is   http://www.historicfood.com/  and it's just great to
browse through.
Looks like I need another trip to England too.

BTW,
There are still photos for the Bowes display up at
http://www.bowesmuseum.org.uk/whatson/exhibits.php3?ID=60&title=Royal+Sugar+Sculpture

Johnnae