[Sca-cooks] Chef::: was ::: good brands of vinegar

Heleen Greenwald heleen at ptdprolog.net
Tue Aug 31 14:26:10 PDT 2004

Thanks for the info and also,  (in advance) if you ever do here "samash", for letting me know what it means exactly... I've been wondering for years.
Phillipa.... going back to cleaning now...
  -----
  >2) Did you ever see the Brit com  *CHEF*? Starring Lennie Henry as
  >the domineering chef.  Very funny Brit-com....well, anyway..... When
  >a patron's order comes into the kitchen on a piece of paper, he
  >(the chef character) says
  >"samash" - at least that is what I am hearing.... Then the person
  >who is going to prepare the dish, shouts out " yes chef"...  I have
  >always wondered what 'samash' means.

  I assume it's a French term, but what it means, or even what it is or
  how it's spelled, I couldn't say. I'll have to go back and watch some
  episodes of "Chef!" and see if I hear this; I don't remember hearing
  it in those, or in any kitchen I worked in.

  Adamantius