[Sca-cooks] bitter walnuts?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Dec 2 00:08:48 PST 2004

Doc mentioned:
> (there's an earlier recipe that involves soaking walnuts in water to
> remove the bitterness and then in honey for many days to preserve them)
Huh? What bitterness? I've heard of this for acorns, but not any other
nuts. Is there some processing of walnuts needed which I'm unaware of?
Although I've got some walnuts in the shell which I bought recently.
Since they were mixed with other shelled nuts, I'm not sure they are
treated or need it. Or are these green walnuts?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com