[Sca-cooks] On The 2nd of Decmber, a SCAdian Baker reciped me....

Ro ladyro at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 09:50:40 PST 2004

with Mongol Peanut Butter Cookies (so simple the Mongols in the household
can't bollix 'em up!)

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar (or 1/2 Cup Splenda and 1/2 C Sugar - all splenda is too
fragile)
1 Egg

Mix.  Roll into balls, bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.  Cool on wire
racks, store in airtight containers.

(not strictly Christmas, but much beloved in my household)

AND, in honour of this being the 2nd day of the CRE, recipe #2

Seasonal Sugar Cookies

      1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
      1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
      1/3 cup granulated sugar
      1/4 tsp. vanilla
      2 cups flour
      Colored sugar or decorating icings

            BEAT cream cheese, butter, granulated sugar and vanilla in large
bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add flour; mix
well. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
            PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Roll dough on lightly floured surface to
1/8-inch-thickness. Cut into shapes with 2-inch cookie cutters; sprinkle
with colored sugar. Or, leave plain to frost later with decorating icing
(after cookies are baked and cooled). Place on ungreased baking sheets.

            BAKE 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove
to wire racks. Cool completely.

Happy Baking, folks!

Ro,
Bright Hills, Atlantia