[Sca-cooks] Re: Food in a hotel room

Gaylin Walli iasmin at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 13:03:12 PST 2004

On Friday, December 3, 2004, at 03:08  PM,
sca-cooks-request at ansteorra.org wrote:

> Keeping food cool isn't a big problem as we can bring in coolers. But
> heating food is tricky.

Not that tricky if you have the coolers, actually. Boiling hot water in
the "cooler" keeps the cooler as hot as a low temp oven when it works
properly. Caterers use this trick frequently. The keys are getting a
GREAT cooler to do the job, finding boiling hot water, and not opening
the cooler at all, even "just to check to make sure things are ok."

Personally, I like the chafing dish route, whether it's disposable or
catering-worthy. But I'm really lucky in that regard. I have one of my
own and access to 4 more plus 3 roasting ovens. Spoiled? Absolutely. I
remember having a hotplate and being *darned* grateful. :) :)

Iasmin