[Sca-cooks] Re: Food in a hotel room

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Dec 3 19:35:54 PST 2004

> Not that tricky if you have the coolers, actually. Boiling hot water in
> the "cooler" keeps the cooler as hot as a low temp oven when it works
> properly. Caterers use this trick frequently. The keys are getting a
> GREAT cooler to do the job, finding boiling hot water, and not opening
> the cooler at all, even "just to check to make sure things are ok."

Another way to keep food hot in coolers is to line to cooler with foil and
pack the dishes with thick wads of newspaper (putting newspaper on the
floor under the foil). Or if its just chickens say, line it with foil.
Place cooked chickens in and close. I don't tend to keep chicken too long
like this but a good hour or so is fine.

Micaylah