[Sca-cooks] RE: [Sa-cooks] Re: Salad cream

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri Dec 3 19:50:00 PST 2004

My apologies if someone has already asked this and it has been
answered, but this list has been very busy and I've been spending a lot
of time on getting a job. (I do have an interview on Monday. Originally
scheduled for this afternoon, but they postponed it).

Anyway, Micaylah quoted:
> > Anyone have Mrs. Beton's book handy? I now wonder what else may
> > have been left out when the writer copies the recipe onto the
> > Website: http://thefoody.com/mrsbeeton.html
>
> I think this is the one:
>
> 4 eggs, 1 teaspoonful of mixed mustard, 1/4 teaspoonful of white
> pepper,half that quantity of cayenne, salt to taste, 4 tablespoonfuls
> of cream,
> vinegar.
So what is *mixed* mustard in this case? Two different mustards mixed
together? Or, more likely, what I've often seen called "prepared"
mustard today?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas