[Sca-cooks] Re: Asabi Zainab-Rose/Orange Water

Martha Oser osermart at msu.edu
Tue Dec 7 15:00:56 PST 2004

Anahita wrote:

> For SCA feasts i've been using Lebanese rose and orange flower waters
> - IIRC, the brand name is Costas. These are MUCH MORE dilute, so i
> use them by the spoonful with no complaints about soapy or chemical
> taste.

O.K.  Now that I'm home from work...

Both my rose water and orange blossom water are from the same store - the
Middle Eastern Market (in Grand Rapids, MI), both are the "Lebanon Valley"
brand, 10 oz. bottle.  The labels read, "Packed in Lebanon for Tut's
International," which has a Michigan zip code and phone number.  The
ingredients for each are "extract of roses" and "extract of orange
blossoms."

The orange water has a little of the chemical-y buzz to it when I sniff the
open bottle, but it doesn't strike me nearly as hard as the rose water does.
I do have rather a sensitive smell/taste combination sense, so it could just
be that that is the issue for me - just my own personal biology.

 -Helena