[Sca-cooks] Period Glass

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 9 19:29:32 PST 2004

Gentle Cousins,
I am not in the habit of advertising for a merchant, and would not do so
here except that this is an exceptional find that I feel compelled to
share with you.  Though not part of the SCA, this individual creates
period objects in glass, and, even with the shipping charges, his prices
are quite exceptional.  His work is all handblown and ranges from Roman
times through the Renaissance.  All of it is documentable and
beautifully done.

If you'd care to see his work, you can go to his web site at
http://www.a-best.cz/onlineshop/index.html

He is a very good person to work with, taking care of orders very
promptly...they usually take 7 - 10 days to arrive.  I will have an
example of his work with me at Atlantian Twelfth Night if you are going
to be there and want to see his work "up close and personal"...a pair of
oil lamps that are made of glass with a wrought iron stand.

If I offend anyone by sharing this information with you, I sincerely
apologize.  I just think it would be great to support an artist like
this one who is making such wonderful reproductions of things we can use.

In Service,

Kiri