[Sca-cooks] Holiday Cookies

RedJouster at aol.com RedJouster at aol.com
Fri Dec 10 09:24:44 PST 2004

Hello,

Here are my recipes for the cookie exchange. Hopefully this time they will
come through correctly. Sorry about the first time (I didn't know I can't just
cut and paste).

Kourabiedes

1 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds or walnuts
whole cloves
confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Sift flour
and baking soda together and add about 1/4 cup at a time to butter mixture.
Stir in nuts.
Form dough into small ball and place about 1 inch apart on a lightly grease
cookie sheet. Place cloves into the center of each ball if desired.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until a very light brown.
Cool on racks. Roll into confectioners sugar.

Makes about 2 dozen.
Don't forget to remove the clove before eating the cookie.

Viennese Almond Crescents

3/4 cup butter, softened
4 TBS. sugar
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/8 tsp. salt
2 cups sifted all purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter with sugar until fluffy. Stir in almond extract, salt, nuts, and
cinnamon. Add flour about 1/2 cup at a time, blending well. Cover and chill
for at least 2 hours.

Pre heat oven 350.
Divide dough into fourths. Roll the dough out so it looks like 1/2 inch thick
snake.
Cut into 3 to 4 inch pieces and shape into crescents. Place on an ungreased
cookie sheet.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool on a rack.

If you like chocolate: Dip half of the crescent into melted chocolate. Let
cool.

Enjoy
Makes about 3 dozen.

Gillian Krieger