[Sca-cooks] shopping shyness?

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Dec 10 23:07:22 PST 2004

Ok, so I was taught to shop by my Grandfather (one of the great grocery
shoppers of all time), my mom, and Florence-my-ex's-Jewish-mother, so
maybe my shopping habits are a bit odd. But I've never had any problem
or concern about conversing with people about what I'm buying all this
food for. After all, if you walk out of the Food4Less with 80 loaves of
bread, the little old men *will* ask if you are having a hoagie sale. So
you explain you are doing lunch for 800, and it all goes well. When we
were paying for the whole roast pig for the feast last weekend, and the
butcher asked whether we were going to have a luau, of coruse I said,
Actually we're having a medieval dinner, it's for a club... and we
conversed happily.

But I found out that some people are uncomfortable sharing this kind of
information about our club. Is it just a personal difference (after all,
I was a cute  spoilt kid and happily talked to anyone when I was little
too...) or is it a regional SCA thing?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_