[Sca-cooks] Holiday food confession

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Dec 12 20:36:15 PST 2004

Ok, I admit it. Not only do I like some Jello salads (well, I was
brought up with 'em on special occasions only) but I once committed the
crime of bunnybrosia....

You see, around Easter you can get these multicolored marshmallows in
the shape of rabbit outlines (not from JustBorn, these are just
marshmallow, no sugar coating, about the circumfrence of a Pocahantas
dollar). They're marketed as 'bunnymallows'. I always buy a few bags,
hoping to toast them or do something wierdly creative with them.

One year, as we were making Easter dinner (hey, it's not MY religion, I
can be creative) my mother and I suddenly were struck by the Cool whip
meme. So we made BunnyBrosia: rabbit shaped marshmallows, cool whip,
mandarin orange sections, walnuts, maraschino cherries.

It was sick and twisted and my brother was appalled, but we had a ball,
and I took the leftovers home. (That was the year after the Easter
Dinner where I cooked dinner for my mom and her boyfriend on condition I
could make it all period food, except for the mashed potatoes. I talked
period food and he complained about his health all through dinner... but
Mom liked the food, and so did I. Colored kale as buttered worts is very
festive, by the way.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_