[Sca-cooks] problems reading Florilegium file

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Dec 13 22:58:56 PST 2004

Vincenzo replied to me on Friday with:
> I recall reading a comment (IIRC, NY Times) that modern
> archeological examination of period cesspools (coprolites)
> in London showed that the residents played host to every
> parasite known to man.
>
> You can find related information in the florilegium
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/p-privies-msg.html
>
> ... including the great line,
>
> 	"(Ahhh, the not unmixed joys of archeology! :)."
Is this the story about the individual who, having participated in a
salvage dig, was allowed to take home a piece of period "toilet paper"
and now keeps it in his safe-deposit box at his bank?

> Stefan, why does this page display as Black on Black in
> my browser?
Hmmm. It certainly shouldn't. This file is in my new format and should
be black text on a patchy, tan and white colored "parchment"
background. At least in the HTML version. Or are you calling up the
text or RTF versions? I just checked and it looks okay with my browser
(Safari under Apple OS 10.3.6)

Have you had this problem with any other files in the Florilegium? Has
anyone else? Which browser and operating system are you using?

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com