[Sca-cooks] Cookie Recipe(s) for December 18

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 17 19:30:57 PST 2004

Greetings!

A little early, but tomorrow is going to be a hectic day...

 From the family collection, taken from my mother's recipe boxes. She
does not provide lengthy instructions, but they aren't really needed.

*Ice Box Cookies*

1 tsp salt
2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp soda
3 ½ cup flour
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 cup chopped nuts

   1. cream shortening, sugar, add eggs
   2. sift together dry ingredients, add to above and then add nuts
   3. chill – then make long rolls.

Keep in refrigerator – slice & bake whenever. 350 for 10 - 12 minutes
*
Chewies*

1 package brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten together
1 ½ cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 lemon & ½ rind
1 cup pecans
1 tsp. Vanilla

Beat together brown sugar and eggs. Sift dry ingredients together and
add to egg & sugar mixture. Bake in greased pan in 300 degree oven about
30 minutes.
*
Ann’s Cookies *

2 cups Brown Sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ stick butter
2 eggs
1 tbs vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts

350 degrees – 30 minutes.

This last recipe is not a cookie, but it is one of my holiday favorites!
*
Ice Box Cheese Wafers *
Eloise (Weesie) Roberts

½ cup butter
1 cup flour
1 tbs salt
¼ tsp red pepper
¾ cup chopped nuts
2 cups grated cheese

Cream butter, add salt, pepper, nuts & cheese. Add flour to creamed
butter. Make 2 rolls. Chill. Slice thin. Bake in hot oven (450) for 10
minutes.

(Option: top with a pecan half. – Lonnie)

Cheers!
Aoghann