[Sca-cooks] Happy Holidays....

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sun Dec 26 21:40:03 PST 2004

I hope everyone had as nice a weekend as I did! On Christmas Eve, I had
a lovely dinner involving seared duck breast, which curiously reminded
me of medium-rare beef (perhaps the texture?), and which I'd never
before had....yummmm....
I also got cooking stuff! (in addition to a plethora of chocolates and
goodies like chocolate-covered ginger).  One friend gave me a cute,
little set of measuring spoons for a pinch, a dash, and a smidge.
Another friend, who's made it her mission in life, I think, to bolster
my cooking library, gave me not 1, but 3 (!) cookbooks.  So I now have
this funky (British?) cookbook called "Miss Read's Country Cooking" (no
dates) with some yummy and some funky old recipes--definitely not
medieval, but definitely of an uncertain not-entirely-current vintage
(1960s, I think, from a couple of references).  I also now have my own
copies of "Two Fifteenth-Century Cookbooks" and Markham's "The English
Housewife."  Wooo-hooo!
Mac, my orange/marmalade/ginger kitty, says to tell everyone that he
scored multiple presents involving catnip, so he's a happy boy! ;o) He
figures that since it's an herb, and he eats it, it's safe to mention on
the list!
So...what did everyone else get?
--maire, off to go have a cuppa and some fresh shortbread before
bed...mmmmm....