[Sca-cooks] Happy Holidays....

renart the fox renart at centurytel.net
Tue Dec 28 22:15:07 PST 2004

> So...what did everyone else get?
> --maire, off to go have a cuppa and some fresh shortbread before
> bed...mmmmm....

I made dinner for myself and m'lady wife Rikke and her parents and
sister.
That morning I started with cloverleaf and cresent rolls from scratch.
Aftert
they were all done and out of the oven, the rib roast was seared on the
stove
then put in the oven. Yorkshire puds, green beans and corn from this
years
harvest and mashed potatoes were made.

All in all the feast was fabulous.

Clothes were the stable for the gifts recieved, I can always use them.
A big
surprise was the Breadmaker...damn no sourdough starter ready.

Two more cookbooks to add to the collection. It grows!

We gave out many jars of crabapple struper, cinnamon, and ginger
jellies and
jams from the canning cabinet....

Such a delicious time of year, let's hear more tales

--
Renart (the fox) of Berwick

I love to sing, and I love to drink scotch. Most people would rather
hear me drink scotch.