[Sca-cooks] Happy Holidays....

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 29 05:08:17 PST 2004

renart the fox wrote:

>> So...what did everyone else get?
>> --maire, off to go have a cuppa and some fresh shortbread before
>> bed...mmmmm....
>

> Such a delicious time of year, let's hear more tales

We spent Christmas Day with my husband's family in Richmond, VA...it was
a lovely day except that Phillip was VERY ill with the flu...he's still
recovering!  He was very generous with me...gave me a lovely pale green
jadeite bead necklace set with 14K beads at intervals, and a copy of the
Elizabeth R (PBS many years ago...Glenda Jackson ages 50 years in the
series) on DVD...and a copy of "Hero".  I gave him an Audio Vox
satellite radio receiver and a subscription to Sirius for a year...along
with some flannel sleep pj's.

I didn't do any cooking...Phillip's sister and mother did most of
Christmas dinner...all the usual stuff...turkey, dressing, sweet potato
casserole, salad, corn pudding and a lovely pineapple/cheese casserole.
I tried to get the recipe for the latter, but she wasn't sharing.  Our
contribution was a wonderful cranberry-pecan pie from our local bakery.

Kiri