[Sca-cooks] Looking for new sausage recipes

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 1 09:48:06 PST 2004

> Been scanning the net lately looking for new sausage  recipees or
> books of. Ran across Gode Cookery pages. Nice work . Then looked up at
> the owner of the site I should have known. SCA member never ceases to
> amaze me where we can be found. You guys are making it hard to find
> brand new material. lol. Course anything on the net would be already
> done wouldn't`to it .lol
> Da

Dear Da:

If you "think outside the link" you can put just about anything you want
into bulk sausage.  "Everything but the oink" as they say.  What are
your favorite flavors in the historical food world?  The Hungarian Roast
from Rumpolt that Serena was translating earlier today would make an
admirable mixture. Pork, salt, garlic, smoke, what's not to like?

Food Network is running a GOOD EATS episode on Sausage making this week.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ea/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9956_23484,00.html