[Sca-cooks] Fair feast budget

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 20:31:04 PST 2004

--- a5foil <a5foil at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Da scripsit:
> >  Can oh worms what.
>
> Well, no, I don't like canned worms.
>
> Seriously, it depends on what you're doing with the bread. I cheerfully make
> toast and sandwiches with store-brand sliced bread, but I would not serve it
> at a feast. Especially since people seem to look forward to the breads I
> make. I have, however, served "French" bread from Sam's Club and nobody
> complained.
>
> Cynara

Okay, this has some merit, as well.  I suppose that, at an SCA feast, there are expectations of
freshness and 'home-made' tastes and textures.  If feast-goers were to recieve nothing but
store-bought or otherwise commercially prepared items, I think these feasts would quickly lose
their appeal.  And, who doesn't love the flavor and aroma of a freshly baked loaf of bread??

William de Grandfort

=====
Through teeth of sharks, the Autumn barks.....and Winter squarely bites me.