[Sca-cooks] Brighid's breads

Samrah auntie_samrah at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 01:41:49 PST 2004

Practice makes perfect.  You'll get it.  One of the most common bread mistakes I find is adding too much flour.  When you get to that point of "Do I add more flour or not", usually it is best to go less and work just a bit sticky unless you are making bagels.  (Some folks like to put a bit of oil on their hands.)  If you were raising your bread too long, generally it will taste somewhat yeasty.  Remember to set your minute timer while the bread is raising--generally 1-1/2 hours for the 1st raising, and 1 hour for the second.  Ideally, it is supposed to double in bulk.

Keep after it.  I know you can do it.

Samrah

rtanhil <rtanhil at fast.net> wrote:
Anyway, we all have different strengths. Baking will never
be one of mine. But I'm willing to have another go at it and
see if I can get it right next time.

Berelinde