[Sca-cooks] Fair feast budget

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 2 06:46:09 PST 2004

Nick Sasso wrote:

>The food reviews of that event were indeed good.

That is good to hear! I do want to point out that I only did the
Traveler's Fare. The feast, which was quite enjoyable was done by the
talented Lady Deidre O'Tierghnan. Here is here menu:

(The site had a sink, that's it. Fish cookers and a commercial grill
setup was what she worked with. There was also a soup course that I do
not see on this menu and an excellent platter of pickled goods. The
bread had to be swapped out for a commercial bread of good quality do to
costs. Lady Deidre adopted the budget from another individual who, due
to unforseen circumstances, was not able to provide food. His menu had
been ribs, brunswick stew, cole slaw, beans, rolls. This feast was done
under $4 a head.)

*Golabki- Little Pigeons*
 /Cabbage, Long grain rice, Onions, Mushrooms, Butter/

*Kurczak Pieczony z Suszonymi Sliwkami (Baked Chicken with Fruit)*
 /Onion, Cabbage, Prunes, Parsley, Juniper Berries, Chicken, Bay Leaves,
Bacon, Ginger, Cinnamon, Red Wine, Dill Seed/

* Farcimina Salsucia (Smoked Grilled Sausage)*

* Zielony Sos z Musztarda (Green Mustard Sauce)*
 /Grainy Dijon Style Mustard, Honey, Red Wine, Olive Oil, Ground Anise
Seed, Salt, Chopped Parsley, Ground Pepper/

* Mizeria (Cucumber Salad)
/ Mizeria means misery in Latin and it was believed that Queen Bona
Sforza cried from homesickness while eating this dish, hence the name./*/
 Cucumbers, Sour Cream, Lemon, Salt, Fresh Dill/

* Worclawski Chleb Zytni (Wroclaw Trencher Bread) *

* Jablka Smazone w Ciescie (Apple Pancakes)*
 /Flour, Sugar, Cinnamon, Salt, Eggs, Milk, Oil, Apples/

* Czemiga (Polish Hydromel)*
 /Water, Fennel Seed, Cassia, Honey/

<mailto:mutlu_aile at hotmail.com>