[Sca-cooks] HAPPY THANKSGIVING

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 11:58:03 PST 2004

William de Grandfort wrote:
>--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
>  > The salad was mixed greens (and that red and
>  > white stuff - that's arugula, yes?).
>
>Radicchio, actually.

I get the names confused. But i like both ok.

>From the sound of this 'Thanksgiving' debacle, someone is either
>waaaayyyy too finicky, or you
>guys should probably consider giving yourselves up for adoption.

Well, i *am* finicky. That's why i like cooking feasts. If the
company were good, i could
overlook the food.

And while there are families that are far worse, mine really doesn't
get along in ways i won't go into here. Present at dinner are my mom
(my dad died about 6 years ago), me, my daughter, my brother, his
wife, their two kids, and his wife's mother (her dad died last year).
There is no topic i can think of that we can discuss, so many are off
topic or of no interest to my bro's in-laws. My brother has told me
i'm a worthless human. And there has always been something not quite
right with my mom (which is why i stopped living at my parents' house
when i was 15). But it could be worse. No one abuses alcohol or
drugs, and there was never any physical abuse.

Anyway, maybe my daughter and i can cook in 2006 (my bro's mom-in-law
hosts next year). Then at least it will be edible and my daughter and
i can hang out with each other. We enjoy cooking together and we
actually like each other and doing things together.

Anahita