[sca-cooks] Baking Bread

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Thu Dec 2 17:06:00 PST 2004

At 02:01 PM 12/2/2004,Bj/Jane Tremaine said something like:
>A friend of mine is glucose(SP) intolerant.  We found glucose free flour.
>Any tips?  Commercial bread is very tacky, almost a feeling of not
>completely cooked.
>
>Jana

Do you mean gluten intolerant? I've been researching that whole topic
myself, as I also have a local friend who can no longer tolerate wheat gluten.

Does anybody know of a recipe for a bread that is even REMOTELY like
regular bread? And, where do i find xanthan gum for sale? That seems to be
a pretty common feature in all the wheat/gluten free recipes I've been
looking at.

Thanks in advance,
Maggie MacD.