[Sca-cooks] Useful things to do with fruitcake

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Fri Dec 3 07:07:50 PST 2004

Probably so, and I love the richness of flavor in Guinness, but if you
wanted to make a lighter fruitcake (and they do exist), it just occured
to me that it might be fun to play with other alcohols, whether they
were hoppy/bitter or not.  I was thinking of the Guinness Cake recipe as
sort of a possible Ur-recipe.
My Dad liked fruitcake so much that they actually had it at their
wedding, in a version known as "groom's cake," which, IIRC, is a
light/white fruitcake.  That's probably what gave me the idea.  That, or
living in an area of the country positively swamped with artisan beers.
Mmm....imagine a fruitcake made with some of the better fruit beers or
spiced beers. ;o)
--maire