[Sca-cooks] Useful things to do with fruitcake

Micaylah dy018 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Dec 3 10:36:33 PST 2004

> My Dad liked fruitcake so much that they actually had it at their
> wedding, in a version known as "groom's cake," which, IIRC, is a
> light/white fruitcake.  That's probably what gave me the idea.  That, or
> living in an area of the country positively swamped with artisan beers.
> Mmm....imagine a fruitcake made with some of the better fruit beers or
> spiced beers. ;o)
> --maire

Almost every single wedding I have gone to, both here, the Bahamas, and the
US has had fruitcake for their wedding cake. Whether it was called a grooms
cake or not, I don't know.

Sherry is also another alcohol to consider. I don't think I would recommend
actually putting it in the cake as one of the ingreds, but to marinade the
fruits, and for cheesecloth soaking, it sounds like it would be very good.
YMMV

Micaylah