[Sca-cooks] Vigil in a Hotel

Lonnie D. Harvel ldh at ece.gatech.edu
Fri Dec 3 11:46:21 PST 2004

Usually, when a hotel says "no hot food" they mean that you cannot serve
hot food. So you will have no need for heating anything.

Whatever...

This past April I hosted the Con-Suite for Costume Con for about 4 days.
The welcome room had a microwave, so we used theirs as needed. Wal-mart
has cheap microwaves for $59, they take a while to heat something. Food
was kept hot in either my commercial chafing dish (of which I only have
one) or in the disposable ones I picked up at Sam's Club. You can get
half-pans with the disposable chafing sets, so you can put two warm
dishes in each. Each night when we went full swing, I had my commercia
round one and two disposable ones with one divided in half. This allowed
me to have four warm items at a time. We averaged about 100 folks an
evening.

Aoghann