[Sca-cooks] Vigil in a Hotel

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 3 11:46:22 PST 2004

Anahita asks:

> Anyone have any other suggestions for warming food in a hotel room
> besides crock pots and the bath tub? I don't own a microwave (and
> neither does one of the Laurels) and furthermore, i don't know if they
> use too much current to use safely in a hotel room...

Toaster ovens.  "Hot Water Heaters" for anything pourable.  I have even
used bread machines, and won't that drive the vigilantes crazy?

To bring from home:  anything that keeps food cold will keep it hot,
just don't make anything hot enough to melt plastic.

Other than that:  what do you really =need= to serve hot, rather than
room temperature?

Selene