[Sca-cooks] I finally got some land to garden on..

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 00:48:13 PST 2004

--- Samrah <auntie_samrah at yahoo.com> wrote:
> but I'll bet its
> closer to your weather than out here in sunny
> southern California, which has been what we
> call cold lately, but probably nothing compared
> to the rest of the country.
>
> Best of luck,
> Samrah who wishes she'd planted more blubs
> before it got quite this cold...

Well, I have a lot narcissus and daffodil bulbs
naturalized in the ground.  Although it is
entirely the wrong season, the narcissus have 12"
shoots up already.  I am expecting to see buds
any day now.  Also, my lilacs and camillias are
blooming.  I think that this cold weather has
my plants very confused.  I should have realized
that we were due for a cold winter when my
tortoise started hybernating at the end of
September instead of the end of October.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.