[Sca-cooks] Menus

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 23:17:08 PST 2004

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 01:04:10 -0400, Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>  I was looking to see if the number of Courses was different to effect the
> cost. Apparently not it is simply up here things cost more in general. I was
> getting confused by some of the pricings for feast I was seeing.
>  Our ten dollar feasts are about 7.50 American. So we are not realy that
> different in costs.
>  Da

>From having cooked in different areas of the country.  The only real
cost difference is the sheer cost of the food.  This can be managed
by seeing if any of the vendors would like to donate or discount food
being sold to the SCA since they are a non-profit organization.  If
not, sometimes you get bulk discounts.

I got hammered price-wise on my last feast because I was told to
make food for 120.  We had 83 for the feast total, including the
comped peoples.  They wanted a meat heavy feast, and I told them
the price, but strangely my budget wasn't increased on paper,
just by word.  I got the beef at a steep discount, the chicken cost
me an arm and a leg.  I wound up over the paper budget on that
feast.  I felt we could have done with half the amount of meat for
the feast though.

For my past feasts, I had a good working repoire with the local
farmer's market and I was able to give them a tax receipt for
donations (as well as the recipes) for the feast.  I used my Mom
as my test subject for many of the recipes (she is picky) and
I got them to where she raved to the people at the market about
them.

I got a half bushel bag of carrots for free in return for my roasted
carrots recipe.

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson