[Sca-cooks] OT but WAY COOL!- Viking rock video!

Bill Fisher liamfisher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 16:31:47 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 09:31:05 -0800 (PST), Huette von Ahrens
<ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thank you Lainie!  That is too cool!  Do you
> know if this ballad has been recorded as a CD
> somewhere?  I would love to own a copy.
>
> BTW, I send a copy of your message to Nanna in
> Iceland, asking her if Icelandic and Faroese
> were close enough that she could give me an
> English translation of such a wonderful ballad.
> I will post her answer to the list, if I get one.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Huette

I forwarded the link to my household list and THL Phiala got back
to me with an english translation link:

http://www.home.ix.netcom.com/~kyamazak/myth/faroese/regin-hammershaimb-fe.htm

(By the way, there are two videos in the same language if you go to
the actual site)

Cadoc

                                    - William Gibson